Hello, readers! Although we are no longer posting new items on our blog, we are keeping it available so you can browse through our past posts. Thanks for visiting!

Dec 18, 2010

{Chocolate Peppermint Chip Cookies}



I'm not sure if it's because it's in our name, or because 'tis the season for candy canes...
 but lately I've been obsessed with
 PEPPERMINT.

So when my friend Carie, the best cookie baker I know, shared her recipe with me, I knew I was in big trouble. As in the I-need-to-give-plates-of-these-cookies-to-neighbors-really-quick-or-I'll-eat-the-whole-batch-by-myself kind of trouble. But that hasn't stopped me from making them twice in a week!


You can only get these Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips around Christmas time. I have seen them at Wal-Mart and King Soopers. The bag describes them as "Creamy Chips with Bits of Peppermint Candy." Let me tell you...these things are magical. They give just the right amount of peppermint flavor, and the lightest, tiniest, perfect-est crunch. You must try them to see what I mean!


{Chocolate Peppermint Chip Cookies}

1 1/2 sticks butter
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour
5 oz (1/2 bag) Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips


Cream butter and sugars, and then add eggs and vanilla. Gradually add dry ingredients. Roll into balls and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand:


Bake at 350* for 10 minutes.


These chocolate cookies are delicious on their own, or rolled in sugar, or with white  or regular chocolate chips. Pretty much anything you add would be good, because this is a fabulous recipe.
Chewy goodness with just the right chocolate flavor.
Thanks, Carie!


Let me know if you try them!


--Tammy

...linking to...




Pin It

4 comments:

SniderMom said...

Thank you! I tried these cookies last week when Carie made them. YUMMY! So happy to have the recipe! Do you guarantee that they will turn out perfect like Carie's? A girl has got to ask the important questions!

Liz said...

I can say from personal experience that these cookies are super yummy! I want to get some of those andes chips and just eat them out of the bag!

Unknown said...

I've been a fan of these plain for some time. Made a batch tonight with the Andes AND rolled them in sugar. So delicious! Thanks for the idea! :)

Doug and Amanda Bailey said...

Too yummy! Our kids weren't happy that we gave most of them away...I guess I will just have to make some more of them. They also decided that Santa would like these the best! Thanks for the great cookies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...