Hello, readers! Although we are no longer posting new items on our blog, we are keeping it available so you can browse through our past posts. Thanks for visiting!

Dec 10, 2010

{Garnished Gift Box}

Going along with my rule that presentation is everything when giving gifts, these Garished Gift Boxes are simply perfection.
Quick to make + endless decoration possibilities!
You can definitely let your own personality shine through which shows you care (and are totally crafty!)


I have a tendency to save empty cartons that I use throughout the year, just knowing that sometime down the road, I'll come up with something brilliant to make with them.

Observe:

Ooh yeah, cheese.  Mmmm.
As you can see, I had a bunch to work with.
And guess what?  They are perfectly sized for gift cards!
Hooray for laughing cows.

Steps to creating your own Garnished Gift Box:

1. Peel off the labels from the top, bottom and around the sides.
Some of the box paper may come off, but no worries. It looks more rustic that way.

2.  Paint the box and lid, distress as you see fit.  Let dry.

3. Cut a circle of decorated paper (I used old music sheets) to fit on top of the lid.
Crinkle the circle, open up and flatten slighty.
Ink the crinkles and around the sides of the circle, either with distress ink or chalk or even paint.

4. Glue the paper circle on top of the painted lid, with a glue stick.

Now, it's time to get creative and come up with the bling for the top!

I found this tutorial on how to make some awesome felt flowers, so I made my own versions.  I'm really digging my red poinsettia!

Here's a visual tutorial of how I made my flowers:


Your flowers can be cut to any shape to achieve different looks.  My green flower has heart-shaped petal.  This red poinsettia has double-points petals for the bottom layer and single leaf-like petals for the top layer.

Once you cut your felt pieces, grab the glue gun.
Put a dab of glue at the base of each petal and squeeze together to get it to hold the 3-D petal shape.
Glue the larger cirle of petals in an even circle onto the round piece of felt (seen in step 6).
Glue the smaller petals evenly around the top of the larger circle (step 7)
Glue on some bling to the center of the circle.

Hot glue the entire flower to the top, center of your painted box and you are done!
Fill the inside with crinkly basket shred, or even some fluffy cotton, and place your gift card inside.

ENJOY!

-Annie

Visit thecsiproject.com

 
Pin It

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this! You turned gift cards into super thoughtful, homemade gifts. I'm headed to the store, I haven't laughing cow in a while but I need some boxes... ;) Yum!

Thanks for the great idea!

Ali Richardson said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! Gift cards are my very favorite gift to receive (ahhh, the gift of shopping), and they would be even better better wrapped up like this. Thanks for sharing :)

Jessica said...

What a great idea to hold giftcards! I love the flowers you put on top. Those are beautiful!

justenoughstyle.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea! I am your newest follower! You can follow me at http://craftycierra.blogspot.com/ Dont forget to enter my giveaway! If you are interested in doing a blogswap, please email me at CierraLarsen at hotmail dot com

/Cierra

Elizabeth said...

I am a laughing cow-aholic! What a great idea! Would love for you to visit me at Sew Chatty and link up to Made with Love Monday! The party will be open until Friday if you want to link up multiple projects. Hope you have a great day! http://sewcahtty.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Adorable!

PC said...

Visit you via The CSI project... I'm not sure about others.. but the gift box is good enough as a precious gift... Love.PC - Malaysia

Carissa B said...

What a a great idea for using those little cheese boxes! Thanks for sharing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...