Hello, readers! Although we are no longer posting new items on our blog, we are keeping it available so you can browse through our past posts. Thanks for visiting!

Dec 12, 2010

{Peppermint Pretzel Kisses}

These are my favorite Holiday treats.  Anytime treats, really, but I only make them around Christmas.  They are way too tasty and addictive to make any other time of year!

I first saw the recipe for pretzel hugs on Becky Higgins' blog about three years ago and instantly fell in love....

....as will you.
Ingredients:

Pretzels
Hershey Kisses or Hugs
{I used Candy Cane/Peppermint kisses here}
M&M's
Pre-heat oven to 200*.  Line pretzels on baking sheet and place one un-wrapped (duh) Kiss on top, centered as much as possible to avoid a melty-chocolate mess.
Place in oven for 5 to 8 minutes.  Keep your eye on them!  They melt quickly. 
Once the Kiss has started to melt and spread over the pretzel, take them out of the oven.
Place one or two M&M's on top of each Kiss (this is a grown-up job... the chocolate is hot!)

Now comes the hard part:  Waiting for them to cool and set
This can take a very long time if just left on the stove/counter.
The best way is to place them in the fridge or freezer (still on the baking sheet) until they are firm.


That's all there is to it!  Like I said, uber-addictive so pace yourself.
Better yet, hurry and wrap them as gifts so you don't over-do it.
Enjoy!

-Annie

Pin It

3 comments:

The one and only Lady said...

I am going to have to try those this year...what a fun thing to do with my boys!! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Ok ladies, I tried these today and I'm in LOVE!! They turned out sooo good! Thanks for the great ideas. I really love your new blog! :)

Unknown said...

I found this on Pinterest and so glad I did. I made them with my daughter and your right they do make a lot. I wrapped them up and took them to work. They were gone in minutes. Thanks for the recipe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...