Hello, readers! Although we are no longer posting new items on our blog, we are keeping it available so you can browse through our past posts. Thanks for visiting!

Jan 8, 2011

{Cabinet Door Tray}


I've been wanting a great tray to use as a centerpiece for my dining room table. I envisioned something long and black with great handles. So when I found this cabinet door in the as-is/salvage section at IKEA I knew exactly what to use it for!


And check out the great price! It is in perfect condition and just the right shade/sheen of black that I wanted.


I love IKEA. Every time I visit family in Utah or California I have to stop in for a "quick" little jaunt around the place. Yeah right...if you've ever been to Ikea you know you can't spend less than 2 hours there because they trap you in! 

I bought some wooden wheels at Hobby Lobby to use as the "feet." I spray painted them black and added some felt pads to the bottom so they won't scratch up my table. I used Liquid Nails to glue the feet on the bottom of the tray. 




I found these handles at Lowes...they're kind of pewter-ish.


I drilled and screwed in the handles....well, actually, my very handy husband did that part for me. Sorry I lied. Power tools scare me.

And now I have the tray I've been looking for!




--Tammy


linking to:

 



Pin It

7 comments:

Malory {Snips & Spice} said...

Oh Tammy! I love this!

Unknown said...

I want one!

Sherise said...

Ooh, I like it!

Custom Comforts said...

What a great idea! It looks soooo good. I'll have to try that. Thanks for the idea.
Cindy

danandcami said...

AWESOME!!! I love this idea!

The one and only Lady said...

I love your creation! Such a GREAT idea...I miss IKEA, I used to live in CA but now I'm in OK and don't have one close to me!!

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

How perfect that you found the door in exactly the right color. Love the way it all came together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...